Benefits of Raw Garlic
Raw Garlic has been used for preventing everything from the common cold and flu to the plague within the arterial system. In addition, there has been evidence that it can even assist in managing high cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure.
As some of you may know I am a HUGE supporter in Cancer prevention through diet and lifestyle, for these reasons I am always on the hunt for more knowledge pertaining to this topic. Here are a few benefits to including Raw Garlic in your everyday diet.
- Helps prevent certain types of, esophagus, stomach and colon cancer
- Helps remove heavy metals from the body
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Helps reduce plaque within the arterial system
- Helps prevent blood clots from forming, reducing the possibility of strokes.
- Dramatically reduces bacterial infections.
- For my world travelers out there; it expels intestinal parasites and worms
- Anti-fungal and anti-viral properties
- Anti-Oxidant properties and is a source of selenium
*Cooked prepared garlic is less powerful but still reputedly of benefit to the cardiovascular system.
* I am not a doctor or a nutritionist and as a result am not providing medical advice. If you have any health concerns consult with your healthcare provider prior to adding raw garlic to your diet. As always, enjoy!
OK,,,, now the FUN stuff! During my recent travels I came across this awesome recipe for
Raw Garlic Relish
(Warning! This is addictively delicious.)
1 Bunch of chopped Parsley
¼ C Chopped Garlic
2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt
Olive Oil to cover (less is better, this is a health article)
Recipe by: The Stinking Rose
The waitress said “say garlic”! I was laughing so hard.
Remember that although garlic is potentially beneficial for some people it is also very strong. Some people are intolerant of or even actively allergic to it.